Monday, September 27, 2010

A Letter To My Brother

Daniel,

It had only been a week since we last spoke, but I wish I could call you and just hear you answer now. To us, selfishly, you were taken too early, but in our hearts we know that you are seated at the table with Our Father, and for that I am thankful.  While that may comfort us in our knowledge of your current, heavenly state, it still does not discontinue an occasional tear drop as memories consume us in the void your enormous presence vacated.

You are my brother; bonded on many levels, and I love you as such.  We competed as brothers, argued as brothers, and kicked it as brothers, lifting each other up and always looking out for one another.  In the last week, I have been bombarded by memories of times we shared and been surrounded by loved ones, who all love you. I am truly indebted to you as you were and continue to be responsible for expanding my circle of family and life friends. Thank you for welcoming me into your family and inner circle.

Your influence on people continues on in a major way as shown by the massive turnout you drew at your last party. Thank you for being a genuinely kind person, one who stood up for people and shamelessly loved to enjoy life with those who meant most to you. Daniel, I am going to miss you terribly; we all are.  I love you, Bro. Until I see you again, my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment